VP Java Developer
- Up to GBP120000 per annum + bonus + benefits package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 May 19
You'll be building low latency, data driven trading systems to meet challenges which offers you the opportunity for creative thinking and to solve diverse technical problems. We'll look to you to build out the existing technology stack, as well as green field development on components that need refreshing. You'll also contribute to the development of a global platform for low latency electronic trading, and an algorithm.
We're looking for an experienced eTrading Java developer with a background in software engineering and design. You'll need experience using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling. You'll also need development experience working with large complex codebases.
We'll look to you to demonstrate:
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of core Java programming and real-time, low latency server side development
- Fluency in object orientated analysis and design principles with the ability to apply these to real world scenarios
- Experience with eTrading workflows, specifically quote and order management, market data, STP, along with the FIX messaging protocol
- Strong experience with common testing frameworks and mocking libraries
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Use your Java expertise to design and develop state of the art applications for our Fixed Income electronic trading platform
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- You'll be working on low latency trading platforms and working with our clients and trading desk day to day
- As well as developing your technical talents, you'll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
We'll look to you to build out the existing technology stack, as well as green field development on components that need refreshing. You'll also contribute to the development of a global platform for low latency electronic trading, and an algorithm.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.