Workforce Management Data Analyst
Workforce Management Data Analyst Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC's global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world's leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Workforce Management Data Analyst. Brief overview of the business areas
What you will be doing;
- HSBC's Global IT Organisation (circa 40,000 FTE, $5bn costs) is one of the largest technology functions globally. Ensuring IT has the appropriate budgetary controls, process and costs analysis processes is critical to its effectiveness and ability to maintain its position as a market leader.
- Manpower and workforce planning and analysis across IT COO Global Businesses and Functions (GBGFs) for permanent and non-permanent resources.
- Planning & Analysis - Analyzing large and complex data sets and systems to provide value add analysis on all Tech workforce and manpower plans.
- Stakeholder Management - Work with multiple senior stakeholders and their teams on a diverse range of hiring requirements, navigating country challenges on recruitment processes whilst providing workforce recruitment metrics to identify, drive and plug gaps to ensure the workforce resource strategy is supported and governed across all GBGFs.
- Project Management - Responsible for balancing, planning, scoping, analyzing, financial forecasting and communication.
- Reporting & Managing Risks - Identify and mitigate project risks and issues, manage assumptions and dependencies, provide status reporting.
- Team / People Management - Liaise with on-shore partners, team members and strike synergy to achieve common objectives.
- Headcount Optimization Initiatives - Assist in aligning transformational resource optimization plans, continuous progress, report any roadblocks and anticipate challenges.
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives - Identification of strategic and operational improvements opportunities for WFM at HSBC IT COO Business Management
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Data Analysis
- MS Excel
- Headcount Optimisation
- Headcount Management
- Resource Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Adhering to policies
- Ability to effectively navigate through the organisation.
- Distil complex issues
- Team player
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.