Tax Investigations Assistant Manager
Job Description Summary:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
The work we do with our clients is hugely important. They rely on us to make sure they understand the complex and ever-changing tax system. Join us in the Tax Investigations team and you'll work closely with our client-facing teams sharing the firm's tax knowledge and providing tax technical support to all our Private clients across the UK.
You will be joining a diverse team that includes ex-HMRC inspectors, experienced tax professionals and tax trainees from our award-winning talent recruitment programme. Our work focuses on providing advice and support to taxpayers who find themselves in the midst of all manner of HMRC enquiries. Job Description: What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- You'll be actively involved in client meetings, concisely and confidently answering client queries and supporting junior and senior members of staff
- You'll provide general support to clients in the provision of tax advice
- You'll be seeking solutions to technical issues and communicating to clients
- You'll participate in business development opportunities and work with partners and managers to promote the firm's tax expertise and other services to clients and target clients both internally and externally
- Engenders trust and respect from the client by producing high quality tax advice accurately, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and delivering to deadlines.
- We're looking for an experienced Tax Investigator that has in-depth knowledge of COP8 and COP9 to be part of our growing team in the regions, with your base with the team in Manchester.
- You would have a strong background within a Tax Investigations background.
- You should be able to work on behalf of our clients in liaising with HRMC to interpret complex tax legislation and communicate effectively, to deliver a solution that is satisfactory to all parties.
- You'll be a qualified tax accountant with experience in a tax investigations role