Senior .NET Developer
- Competitive + Benefits
- Redhill, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 11 Mar 19
We have a brilliant career opportunity for a .NET Developer within our innovative team. We are currently recruiting for a Senior .NET Developer to join one of our technology teams. As we expand the team further we are looking for a candidate that can embed themselves in writing quality and bug free coding using C#, ASP.net, windows services.
You will also have experience in SQL database alongside solid problem solving skills to join a busy team. The team also focusses on handling technology enhancements and developments to bespoke application for a large number of internal clients.
You will report to the Head of Business Intelligence, IT who is passionate about technology and you will already be an established .NET Developer with development experience for bespoke application based on Microsoft Windows architecture (SQL, C#.NET, Angular JS etc.)
• You will already have good experience in writing bug free code using .NET in web/ Windows forms using C#, windows services, MVC and Angular JS
• You will be at ease using Azure cloud technologies and migration of in-house systems to cloud Azure
• Experience in writing stored procedures, views and queries in SQL server 2008 R2 that will continue to help differentiate Planet as the industry’s data partner in payments processing and a technology pioneer.
• You are a champion when it comes to working with structured systems development environment
• As a trusted member of the team you will also be a support on 2nd and 3rd line application support when required
• We continuously strive for better therefore you will also be analytical, have excellent communication skills so that you can work with all levels of business users
• Exposure to Agile, JIRA and confluence are also an advantage as well as developing applications that communicate with scanners and printers to scan images and upload to cloud
• You will work on new projects and change requests and fix issues that are in current application
• As a lead you will be responsible for debugging existing code and find solutions within SLA time frames
• Be confident to work autonomously in Agile teams and advise on solutions
• Produce documentation on projects delivered for audit and compliance purposes
We are building the future of payment processing and we want you to be part of it. Whether you're working on our core or bespoke platform as a .NET Developer, pushing forward user experience as a Front-End engineer, or increasing our organisation's ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity to some large and well-known brand clients, we are waiting to give you the tools and support you need to do your best work.
Founded in Ireland in 1985, Planet (formally Fintrax) is one of the world’s leading Tax Free Shopping (‘TFS’), Dynamic Currency Conversion (‘DCC’), Credit Card Processing and point of sale technology companies providing international shoppers, merchants, partner banks and acquirers with easy, fast and reliable service. Planet operates in 57 countries, serving 300,000 merchants directly and through over 100 acquiring banks. It handles over €15billion in payments annually.
The company has been on a strong growth trajectory, and particularly since 2010, has experienced exceptional growth. In December 2017, it purchased the number three player in the currency conversion and related payments markets and is now the number one player worldwide in these markets. Today, the Payments business accounts for 40% of Group revenues, and Planet has leading market positions as well as a strong business model, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes in emerging markets, growth in international travel and increasing luxury consumption. It has also recently become an acquirer in its own right for both Visa and Mastercard processing.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market.