Senior Business Analyst
- Saint Helier, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 May 19
Senior Business Analyst
We're looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join us in Jersey
- Joining a small and collaborative team, you'll work with the business to establish its needs, and analyse requirements to ensure the priorities are delivered effectively
- Leading on a variety of project work-streams, you'll enable change in the business by understanding specific objectives, defining requirements, and supporting the identification of solutions that deliver value to stakeholders
- Working with Agile and Scrum techniques, you'll live the agile values and adopt a flexible approach to go where the work is to help clear any obstacles as and when they arise
What you'll do
As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll primarily document user stories to capture and validate business and systems requirements to support the delivery of innovative technology solutions. You'll understand the business, its strategic goals and how work is being conducted, and be accountable for full traceability and linkage of business requirements to future state design.
As well as delivering high quality requirements to facilitate and support the implementation of change to maximise efficiency and improve customer service, you'll play an active role in Agile scrums, refinement sessions, Sprint Planning and retrospectives.
- Conduct and support feasibility options and impact analysis
- Create and maintain documentation, as well as supporting controls and quality assurance for key stakeholders and suppliers
- Identify and document implementation tasks
- Support cross programme delivery, forging collaborative relationships spanning multiple functions and third parties
- Make sure key strategic principles are considered as part of business solution design and include due consideration in respect of customer requirements
- Build, manage and maintain a positive working relationship with stakeholders and third party suppliers across multiple franchises and functions
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role, you'll need proven experience of delivering business analysis in a Technology function. You'll be an experienced business analyst, ideally with full Business Analyst certification or equivalent experience. You'll also have a good understanding of governance frameworks.
As well as this, you'll bring:
- Experience in applying Agile methodology or Waterfall
- Experience in the application of business analysis tools and techniques
- A proactive approach, with the ability to take ownership and work effectively as a team
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and collaboration skills
- An understanding of relevant industry directives which impact the delivery of our solutions
- The ability to identify and manage risk appropriately
What else you need to know
You'll need the right to work and live in Jersey.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS International, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .