Lead Software Developer
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sopra Banking
- 24 Apr 19
Lead Software Developer
Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team.
Sopra Banking Software is currently seeking Senior Java Software Developers join our rapidly expanding team. As a Senior Software Developer you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a Java development team. The software environment consists of a cloud based micro-service platform and legacy Spring MVC application. The job will be based from the Sopra Banking Software Sheffield office, some travel will be required on occasion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining micro-services
- Mentoring junior developers
- Reviewing code
- Maintaining coding standards
- Encouraging development excellence
Sopra Banking Software offer unrivalled opportunities to do meaningful work as you engage with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals - people determined to change the practices of business; increasing efficiency and improving the look and feel of technology for end users.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years developing object-orientated Java applications
- 5+ years' experience in leading and mentoring a development team
- Experience in micro-service development and reactive programming
- Experience of working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
- A proven track record in taking the development lead in solution building
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of cloud development and deployment
- Experience in defining software architecture
Required - Java 8, git, JUnit, SQL, NoSql
Desirable - Docker, Kubernetes, Spring (Boot, Reactor), Angular 2+, Kafka, JBoss, Hibernate
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, holiday buy / sell scheme, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.