Security Architect - Cryptography
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 20 May 19
Security Architect - Cryptography
Security Architect - Cryptography , Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Security Architect
In this role, you will:
- Define, design, evaluate and maintain the enterprise CyberSecurity architecture
- Drive the implementation of Technology Security Technical Solutions and associated processes and controls
- Measure adherence to the architecture within IT to drive progress.
- Security Product Selection & Implementation with associated processes and controls
- Delivery of solutions architecture consulting
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or a related field
- At least 10+ years of relevant IT experience, including exposure to business planning, systems analysis and application development (3-5 of those years to be devoted specifically to security)
- Experience with role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies
- Familiarity with ISO 27001/27002, ITIL, COBIT, and other industry standard security frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of key IT domains particularly computing platforms (Windows, UNIX and Linux) and networking technologies
- Knowledge and experience with perimeter security controls such as firewall, IDS/IPS, network access control, and network segmentation
The base location for this role is Sheffield
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.