At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. Context for the role:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Actuary to join the Shareholder Solvency II (SII) Consolidation Team for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. This role will begin working remotely and will then have a blended approach between working from home and then one of our offices in Stirling or Edinburgh. In this role you will support the delivery of accurate and well explained consolidated quarterly valuation results including PAC Shareholder, PPL and M&G plc SII and Capital Generation results, Analysis of Change, TMTP recalculations, Pillar 3 QRT reporting and production of solvency estimates as required. To be successful you will have experience of the following: Work Level Accountabilities: Experienced Colleague:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- To support the Shareholder SII Consolidation Actuary in the production of PAC Shareholder and M&G plc Solvency II valuation results, Capital Generation and Pillar 3 QRTs for all reporting periods. Also the production of PAC Shareholder and M&G plc daily/weekly/monthly solvency estimates as required.
- Produce quarterly SII / Capital Generation results packs which are well understood and explained, including analysis of change in surplus.
- Produce quarterly and annual actuarial QRTs.
- Produce results timely within the Working Day Timetable.
- Communication of the results with key stakeholders including Senior Leadership, Chief Actuary team and Risk.
- Support the production of the solvency estimate and analysis of the estimate against actual results.
- To maintain effective working relationships with other teams in Finance, Risk and Group Reporting.
- Other support to Finance reporting initiatives as required.
- Be a qualified actuary with post qualification experience.
- Have experience of Solvency II reporting requirements.
- Have knowledge of insurance products and systems.
- Have experience of the production and delivery of financial reporting in a life organisation.
- Be highly analytical and a skilled problem solver, with a strong commercial mind-set, and the ability to distil complex ideas or problems into simple, effective plans and solutions.
- Have an ability to communicate effectively and influence effectively with productive, successful relationships with demanding senior stakeholders.
Work Level: Experienced Colleague Recruiter: Matt Campbell Closing Date: 7th July 2022
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things