Sunday 28 July 2019 Salary Range
£60,825 - £81,100 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
We're looking to recruit a Lab Engineer to work alongside the Lab Product Owner in shaping the vision for the Lab, and as a result centre on setting the strategic direction for the engineering teams to demonstrate thought leadership on contemporary technical delivery, across the entire lifecycle, from idea to realisation of value. The Lab Engineer is accountable for the Run function of software systems that the Lab owns, in terms of incident, problem management and resolution, including 24x7 support.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others). What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Lab Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy. Want to know more?
- You'll understand the business & lab priorities, and are able to facilitate the best solution designs with team members and product owners.
- You'll be environment aware, can identify technical impediments / bottlenecks and work directly to resolve.
- You'll anchor within the core engineering area and carry the ability to test, learn and mentor others.
- You'll need to be team aware and work with team members to support delivery in T-Shaped supporting technologies
And as for your skills?
- The Lab Engineer is responsible for improving the Lab technical position whilst working and coaching a wide variety of technical Engineering disciplines, including Software Engineers, DevOps and Quality Engineers.
- The Lab Engineer also increases Engineering efficiency, quality and release velocity whilst recruiting, retaining and developing engineering talent by supporting and pioneering Engineering Chapters, Guilds and Community activities.
- The Lab Engineer fosters a "Fail Fast, Learn Faster" mentality within Teams to experiment and test new ways of engineering, to act as a change agent for engineering and team culture, fostering a test and learn approach, systems thinking and user experience led design. They share knowledge across Chapters and across broader Value Streams via Engineering Communities and Guilds.
- The Lab Engineering Lead should drive a culture of learning and continuous improvement influenced by engineering best practice and a clear belief in contributing to InnerSource activities. Ideally the Lab Engineer also attends and supports local technical Meetups whilst understanding the business benefits of leveraging and contributing to Open Source projects.
- The ideal candidate will inspire delivery whilst encouraging simplicity and developing confidence & trust.
We'll need you to have four
(or more) of these technologies:
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in Chapter delivery of software products
- Significant experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
- Experience of leading & working as part of an agile team
- Experience of using modern software development toolsets including DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience leading, coaching and developing people and teams
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity. You'll also receive a package that includes
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus circa 20 % of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday