Sunday 28 July 2019 Salary Range
£45,477 - £50,530 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Job Share, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Lloyds banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation
We're looking to recruit a Software Engineer to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry standard methodology methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to make a difference to the lives of millions through our brands like Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, and Scottish Widows (among others).
What you'll do
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge - it's what makes you awesome!
What follows is what you might find our Software Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team's needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy. Want to know more?
- You'll have experience in using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
- You'll have experience of coaching others.
- You'll have a good level of technical maturity and is familiar with emerging technology within the engineering space.
And as for your skills?
- Understand and direct how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline.
- Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices.
- Accountable for patterns and practices to be communicated across wider Engineering Community.
- Understand and ensure industry standard methodologies are understood by Engineering Community and related business functions.
- Develop own technical domain knowledge and take responsibility for own development journey and those of more junior Engineers.
- Typically operates in more stable environments.
- Has a working knowledge of a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
- Has a good level of technical maturity and is aware of emerging technology.
- Comfortable sharing knowledge with others but not yet at point of formal teaching.
We'll need you to have four
(or more) of these technologies:.NET (C#, WCF, WPF), SQL Server (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS)
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer.If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference. Together we'll make it possible...So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
Sound like you? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you... At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous pension contribution.
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday