It Scrum Master
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? IT Scrum Master - Temporary Location US-CA-El Monte Job ID 2019-7068 Category Information Technology Position Type Temporary
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Temporary IT Scrum Master. The IT Scrum Master that will help our organization follow the best practices of Agile methodologies. This position is also responsible for continuous managing scope, improvement of processes and quality of work delivered.
- Facilitate and guide cross functional teams in the execution of multiple development projects using the principles of the Scrum framework
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies, grooming, stand-ups, team communications, and decision making with the team
- Take a coach/mentor approach to help the team self-organize and adopt an attitude of continuous improvement
- Understand the concept of servant leadership and apply daily
- Foster proper communication and protect the team from external interference
- Create and maintain an environment of openness, respect and honesty amongst the team
- Responsible for identifying, resolving and eliminating the source of conflict
- Find solutions and be open to receiving new ideas from team members
- Coach team members to ensure they are following the values of agile practices
- Work with the team and develop and empower the individuals, helping them achieve their full potential
- Identify and remove impediments in order to ensure that assigned sprints and projects are completed on time and within budget
- Work independently and collaborative in nature
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations and build trust with stakeholders
- Knowledge of SDLC and experience with software development projects
- Full understanding of Agile methods and Scrum/Kanban frameworks
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Release Planning
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: Burndowns, Retrospective formats, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including organizational, team building, and issue resolution
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Jira and Confluence experience a plus
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS