Alternative Investments Account Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The US Global Wealth Management (GWM) Alternative Investments Account Manager (AI AM) will partner with Account Managers and Account Associates in the sales and servicing of PIMCO's alternative products. The AI AM will primarily serve as an in-house authority for US GWM external account managers and account associates (both Field and Private Client Group, PCG), while also interfacing with our advisors and their end clients and owning certain direct relationships.
The successful candidate will be responsible for educational support for new and existing ALTs advisors as well as the prospecting of new and existing alts advisors, which will include ownership of certain business development metrics. The AI AM will manage a territory, aligned with Field & PCG coverage, and will be visible in the region as business activities dictate.
The AI AM will be ambitious and proactive in managing the growth of our alternative investment offerings in their region as measured by YOY net sales and new advisor adoption across all of our Alternative offerings.
The role may be based in Newport Beach, CA, New York, NY or Austin, Texas. Key relationships:
- PIMCO investment professionals including: US GWM Strategic Accounts AMs, US GWM Alternative Specialists, US GWM Field and Desk, PCG AMs and Alternatives Product Strategists
- Senior Leaders and Compliance Professionals
- Certain of our advisor relationships (clients) at our partner firms in collaboration with our Field/PCG AMs
- COIs at Partner Firms including AI Specialist teams
- Have a deep understanding of PIMCO's alternative products to be able to present on our offerings and respond to client and prospect requests.
- Have a client comes first mind-set and exhibit a strong sense of urgency when responding to internal and external requests
- Build positive relationships with internal partners, including the Product Strategy Group, Account Managers, Sales Strategy, Compliance and others in order to respond to requests.
- Be proactive in driving growth of adoption across our partner firms
- Know the Competitive Landscape and Articulate to Sales and PSG Leadership
- Be an Alternative Investment Platform Expert
- Keep up with AI Trends & Themes and Articulate to Sales Leadership
Position Requirements: Education:
- Have a deep understanding of our investment strategies and be in constant learning and up to speed on performance drivers and key investment themes/holdings across all of our alternative offerings
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced Sales Presentation skills
- Be highly collaborative, be able to help foster a sense of teamwork, be willing to assist others when and where needed/required.
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, and professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
- Must possess a four-year college degree with a preferred major in Business/Finance, or Economics.,. Progress toward the CFA or CAIA designation is a plus
- Candidate must hold their Series 7, 3 and 63 licenses or obtain within 90 days
- At least ten years of finance-related experience preferred, ideally in the fixed income or alternatives markets Ideal candidate will have managed a territory and be familiar with private wealth management and the financial advisor practice.
- Ideal candidate will be a seasoned alternative investment specialist/consultant
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office