We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Financial Analyst will provide full support with budgeting and forecasting responsibilities and provide expense analysis and support. As a successful team member and contributor, you must have a high level of integrity, work well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment and be able to meet rigorous deadlines while maintaining accuracy. You will be self-motivated, self-directed, and confident with a collaborative approach.
As a global firm, many projects and tasks require close coordination with different teams and colleagues across the globe. Therefore, strong teamwork, collaboration and communication skills across stakeholders (both inside and outside of the finance function) are essential. As the industry and our business continues to evolve and becomes more complex, a solutions-oriented mindset and the ability to adapt and think flexibly is essential. Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
(including the following, other duties may be assigned)
Position Requirements: Position Requirements:
- Responsible for preparation and reporting of financial results
- Assist with preparation of annual operating plans / budgeting and forecasting
- Provide analysis on operating expenses, revenue, headcount, and Assets under Management.
- Comprehensive variance analysis of department expenses
- Responsible for system metadata maintenance, including new cost centers, internal orders, and SAP hierarchies coordination and submissions
- Serve as a liaison between various teams
- Ability to understand and analyze complex calculations and business models
- Work on projects relating to Assets under Management reporting, accounting system integration/conversion, audit review, etc.
- Special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Focus on process improvement through report automation and use of relational databases
- Document policies and procedures
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Minimum three years or more of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel skills and using PIVOT tables, VLOOKUP and higher level functions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively and autonomously problem solve
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage professionally and succinctly with all levels across the firm
- Strong commitment to providing quality work and ensure work is delivered completely, accurately, and timely
- Able to respond effectively to inquiries from various levels of management and maintain good working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent time management skills to organize and prioritize, including handling multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and contribute in a team environment as well as independently to accomplish business objectives
- Committed to PIMCOs values: Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence that allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other
- Experience in relational database programs such as Oracle EPM Planning.
- Experience with SAP, Access or other data management is a plus
- Financial Services/Asset Management industry experience is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to deliver on assigned responsibilities with attention to details, and use of effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, manage deadlines, and support initiatives in fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Proactive with process improvement and able to embrace change and new technology
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office