We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO has relied on quant strategies combined with fundamental analysis to drive alpha in fixed income for three decades. That success led us to expand our quant capabilities to currencies, commodities and equities over the last 15 years. To this day, we continue to look for people who are passionate about data-driven research who want to build on our expansive quant capabilities and break ground on exciting new initiatives related to both alpha generation and portfolio risk management.
The Portfolio Risk Management team provides an independent assessment of portfolio and firm-wide risk positioning and performance at PIMCO. We monitor and manage risk positioning across portfolios to ensure consistency with PIMCO's investment outlook and client expectations. We seek to build, develop and implement proprietary and state of the art portfolio risk applications. RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are expanding the Financial Engineering Team! In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Enhancing the firm's tools and models on risk, attribution, liquidity cost, as well as portfolio construction.
- Design, implement and analyze portfolio risk factor models and attribution models using advanced statistical tools.
- Partner with portfolio managers in the review of portfolio construction and utilizing analytical tools to understand portfolio risks, betas and correlations.
- Communicate complex mathematical and theoretical financial and economic concepts to investment professionals, developers and programmers.
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, engineering, econometrics, physics). Understanding of fixed income and derivative pricing
- 0-2 years of experience in a quantitative analytics role within a trading environment or experience in a position applying advanced quantitative techniques to solving highly complex data intensive problems.
- Strong programming skills and numerical problem solving techniques; proficiency with C++, Python.
- Ability to communicate complicated technical issues clearly to senior management and portfolio managers.
- Self-motivated and dedicated work ethic and integrity. Focus on getting the job done, understanding time constraints and pressures associated with being part of a fast-paced trade floor environment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to work with different departments including technology, financial engineering, operations, trade processing and portfolio management
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office