HR Business Partner - Americas
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to act as a trusted advisor to PIMCOâ€™s business heads and senior leadership, focusing on a broad range of talent initiatives designed to attract, retain, and develop top talent within the Americas market. Within this role, you will serve as a resource to the business in providing sustainable HR solutions and partner with the HR functions to deliver value-added services and programs that align to PIMCOâ€™s Values (Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility, and Excellence). In addition to day-to-day responsibilities supporting the business, the HRBP will take ownership of key initiatives and driving projects to completion. P ositions are open in Newport Beach, CA and Austin, TX and reports to the SVP and Head of US Human Resources.
- Partner with the business to understand their goals and objectives and design and implement a people strategy aligned to those objectives
- Build trusted advisor relationships across all levels; provide consultative, strategic, and tactical guidance to support client groupsâ€™ organizational planning and development initiatives
- Coach, guide, and mentor managers and senior leaders in their leadership functions and responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line-managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) to support business objectives and accelerate employee success and career growth
- Works closely with business and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Meet the businessâ€™ day-to-day tactical demands while building and maintaining credibility via flawless execution, availability, expertise, and resourcefulness
- Collaborate with HR Functions to lead initiatives related to talent management, organizational design, compensation, and workforce planning; sensitively and effectively drive change within client groups as appropriate
- Increase capacity for consultative support by championing HR self-service tools as appropriate
- Proactively manage and mitigate risk with the Employee Relations Team, and apply a nuanced understanding of how to assess and evaluate HR risk in the context of PIMCO's strategic and commercial objectives
- Collaborate with Workforce Analytics to enable data-driven decision making
- Stay abreast of new developments in HR strategies and practices, externally as well as internally
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of HR generalist experience with working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines, including talent management, employee relations, workforce planning, and compensation practices. Financial services industry experience a plus but not required
- Evidence-based, adaptable problem solver, thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills
- Proven experience building strong business partnerships and fostering relationships with employees
- Experience working in a matrix organization, effectively collaborating across functional areas and exposure to global offices to ensure that human capital initiatives align as appropriate across the broader organization
- Strong organizational and project management skills with high attention to detail
- Experience working in an extremely dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment; ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Able to work independently and as part of a team and has a bias-to-action, results-oriented approach to work; willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team
- High EQ and emotional maturity team player; strong collaborator, straight-forward with strong work ethic and high integrity.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office