We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking an experienced Quantitative Research Analyst to join the Portfolio Rates/FX/Vol Analytics team based in Newport Beach. This position will help advance the global development of PIMCO's equity derivative analytics while improving the ability of the group to serve portfolio managers globally.
In this role, you will support portfolio managers of equity index volatility products by building PIMCO's libraries of equity derivatives for pricing and risk management.
The ideal candidate will be able to create and implement quantitative models and algorithms leveraging a wide variety of mathematical and computer science methods and tools to support the trading business along with their deep market knowledge. As well, he/she will have the ability to communicate complicated technical issues clearly with senior management and portfolio managers.
It's a great opportunity to be exposed to a culture of performance at a leading investment manager
- Create, implement, and support quantitative models and algorithms that enhance the investing and risk management process of the Volatility business.
- Partner with Portfolio Managers, Traders and Quantitative Developers to develop trading tools and risk management systems to streamline, improve, and scale the business.
- Work alongside Equities Index Volatility Portfolio Manager to build tools and models to quickly perform volatility analytics, back test strategies and compare PnL performance across a multitude of trade ideas.
- Leverage data to inform, drive, and expand the Volatility business.
- PhD's degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, financial engineering, physics or other hard science disciplines
- Strong modeling experience in areas like equity/FX/Rate derivative modeling, option pricing theory, stochastic differential equations, optimizations, PDE, Monte Carlo and term structure modeling
- 3 years of minimum experience in the financial industry with a solid understanding of modeling Equity Derivatives. Experience on FX, Interest Rate derivative modeling a big plus.
- Strong programming skills and numerical problem solving techniques; proficiency with C++, Python, SQL, and excel skills
- Strong attention to details and ability to deliver results. Self-starter who is accountable and motivated by integrating with the trade floor.
- Able to articulate issues and explain herself/himself to portfolio managers and developers.
- Ability to multitask in a fast pacing environment.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office