Sr. Developer, Trader Desktop
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 22 May 19
Sr. Developer, Trader Desktop
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
We're developing a centralized platform providing credit traders access to orders, analytics data, analysis tools, and liquidity with a completely customizable desktop experience and full interoperability across applications.
We are seeking a Senior Java developer who will help in design, architecture and development of the engine behind our Trader Desktop Platform. The person in this role will build solutions in alignment with broader Technology platform guidelines and goals and which will be utilized for PIMCO's portfolio management and trading activities.
• 10+ years of work experience as a hands-on developer. Financial services industry w trading systems focus is a plus
• Excellent problem solving and development experience in core J ava
• Prior experience in real time multi-threaded systems required
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong understanding and experience in the following areas:
o Java core containers / data structures
o Ability to understand and rapidly implement efficient algorithms
o Writing RESTful services
o Java messaging service a plus
o Database development & JDBC
o Spring dependency injection
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns. Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
• Knack for writing clean, readable and testable Java code
• Collaborative environment w frequent code reviews
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
• UNIX scripting
• Python experience is preferred
• Camel/Maven experience is preferred
• Cloud and CI/CD experience is a plus
• Agile project experience plus
• Spring boot, CEP, Distributed Cache experience plus
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan.
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.