Sr. WPF Developer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking to hire a UI/WPF Developer to join our Technology team supporting Cash, FX, Financing, Margin, Collateral, and Short Term investment business processes. In this role you will be designing and implementing improvements and new features to the existing application suite, as well as contributing to the next generation of products currently in development. You will also interact directly with users to provide day to day operational support. Our technology stack includes C#, WPF, Java, Angular8 and Oracle PL/SQL. We operate an agile development process. Our tools include git, jira, quickbuild and gitlab. Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test and analyze new and existing desktop application or Add-on(s).
- Program clear, structured, code following best practices.
- Work with domain users and leads to solicit requirements.
- Self-motivated and self-managing with the ability to identify next steps, prioritize tasks, and produce results in a timely manner
- Work closely with multiple teams to develop concepts, prototypes and front end production code.
- Create interactive prototypes to proof and test new interactions, visuals, and animations.
- Build out and integration into electronic trading workflows
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- Shown ability providing direct user support, and delivering improvements on demand
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of WPF Development using C# and the .NET Framework.
- Solid experience using the MVVM framework with unit testing.
- Solid understanding of OO design and use of design patterns.
- Knowledge of composite application development. E.g. Prism
- Knowledge of IoC containers. E.g. Unity
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and standard DBMS. Oracle an advantage.
- Financial knowledge/industry experience an advantage
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office