Assistant Director - Senior Software Engineer
Job Description We actively seek a Senior Software Engineer with enterprise application design and development experience to join the Enterprise Risk Solutions product development team in the Americas.
Moody's Analytics has a suite of products related to Credit Assessment and Origination. Our software is used extensively by commercial banks, other private sector financial institutions, and governmental organizations throughout the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the software architecture team in our San Francisco office. The role will provide an opportunity to develop a next generation enterprise application and would suit a highly motivated technical architect with a passion for hands-on application development.
- Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
- Design and implement re-usable software components.
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
- Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
- Create technical design documents and present the architectural details to a larger audience.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions .
- Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Significant enterprise software (6+ years) of design and development experience using cloud technologies. This position requires hands-on development.
- Must have experience building Go or Python applications using
-Must have experience with AWS technologies
-Must have experience with deployment, CI/CD and build packaging
- Must have experience with Object-Oriented Design Principles.
- Must have strong knowledge of relational database concepts. Should be familiar with DB architecture and scaling.
-Must have experience with testing and automation methodologies and tools
-Nice to have knowledge of .NET technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including good presentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's.
- Ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines in a changing environment.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.