Associate Director - Climate Researcher
Job Description We construct quantitative models that estimate default and recovery risk of credit instruments, enable credit portfolio management, assess commercial real estate risk, and facilitate asset and liability management.
As a Commercial Real Estate Climate Research Associate, you will collaborate with Moody's affiliates such as Four Twenty Seven and Vigeo Eiris, as you join our Quantitative Research team which has a rich history of providing forward-looking research and thought leadership in risk measurement and management. The team comprises of members with diverse backgrounds in fields such as finance, economics, econometrics, statistics, engineering, real estate, geography, accounting, climate and mathematics. As a part of this team, you will leverage your skills and expertise to support our continued research innovation into the behavior of credit risk and collateral asset valuation in the face of a changing climate. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research measuring environmental risk, commercial real estate performance, and enterprise risk management contextualized by climate change;
- Collaborate with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects;
- Partner with engineering teams to deploy completed research through various technology channels;
- Partner with marketing, sales, product management, client service teams, and clients on the education and implementation of risk management technology;
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally and externally.
Other desirable qualifications:
- Ph.D. in in a quantitative field such as physical geography, sustainability, environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental systems, or climate change;
- Demonstrable expertise in spatial analysis and geographic information science;
- Expert-level proficiency with open source GIS tools such as QGIS;
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments and spatial big data;
- Proficiency with open source statistical analysis and programming tools such as R or Python;
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience leveraging techniques in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.