- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Full Stack Developer (Java/UI)
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAAn Assistant Director- Senior Software Engineer fulfills the following responsibilities, with occasional guidance of more senior team members:
- Interpret business requirements for a Business Mission/Epic with the assistance of Business Analysts.
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Author technical design documents.
- Take ownership of stories; Implement and test features based on the requirements.
- Refactor design and implementation for stories owned, based on requirement changes.
- Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with these standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages and solve environment issues.
- Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from technical perspective.
- Work with more senior team members to continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Conduct training sessions and proactively share knowledge in or across teams.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented design and development
- 5+ years of professional software design and development experience on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Hands on experience in building web applications/components using Java, Spring/MVC, Hibernate, MyBatis
- Good experience in building RESTful services using SOA architecture or any similar framework via API gateways.
- Ability to build responsive / user-friendly single-page web applications
- Strong experience in working on RDBMS technologies like Oracle or SQL Server and familiarity with BigData/NoSQL platforms like Apache Spark/Cassandra/Hbase
- Familiarity with front end build tools like node, npm, gulp, grunt and unit testing/mocking frameworks.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC methodology and continuous integration platforms
- Excellent verbal and communication skills in English and ability to communicate technical concepts
- Passion for new technologies, services and open source technologies
- Positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity
- Competent in Others: Jira, Rally, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Preferred Master's degree is a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.