Director, Software Development
Make Next Happen Now.
Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers around the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
SVB offers a great benefits package including annual bonuses for all employees, profit sharing, matching 401K, stock purchase program, and much more.
The Director of Software Engineering role at SVB is to align technology vision with business strategy by integrating company processes with the appropriate technologies. To provide leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives which create and maintain leadership for the enterprise in a constantly changing and intensely competitive marketplace. Qualifications
• Proven leadership with ability to lead multiple teams configurations in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
• A willingness to mentor people inside/outside of the Information Technology department on best practices, system design principles, and computing industry trends
• Ability to assist junior team members with their professional development
• Ability to mesh well with the existing management team by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of their business and technical vision
• Five or more years of similar experience in Leadership roles
• Strong expertise with the end-to-end implications and technologies of all scales
• Experience designing, estimating, and implementing technology architectures
• Expertise in enterprise architecture practices, specifically in information, application, infrastructure and security
• Strong working knowledge of UI technologies like Angular JS, Polymer JS and abilty to direct the usage of open source software as needed in desiging complex solutions.
. Previous experience with Java and J2EE technologies is a must have
. Experience with Oracle SOA , Apigee and BPM products like Appian is preferred
. Previous experience with Infosys Finacle is a nice to have for this role
• Skilled at identifying and evaluating new technological developments and gauging their appropriateness for the business
• Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
• Able to articulate the tradeoffs at the application, system, and department level to the internal customer in a credible way during the whole lifecycle of the technology adoption to decommission. To clearly explain issues of reliability, scalability, and extensibility with respect to a technical solution
• Demonstrated ability to bring the benefits of technology to solve business issues while also managing costs and risk
• Able to influence decisions at various levels of corporate management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Relationship and engagement experience with large and small technology vendors
• Clear goal orientation
• Strong time management and interpersonal skills
• Good project management skills, including but not limited to: planning, meeting management, reporting, delegation, motivation, and measurement
• High work and professional values of engagement in the work place with good intuition and judgment
• A conceptual thinker: strategic and well as tactical
• The ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers