Technical Product Owner
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (cross-functional teams, business partners, management) during the visioning and concept development of a client project or new features.
- Assess value, prioritize and write stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to translate business and technical requirements into user and technical stories for delivery scrum team to implement.
- Clear communication and organization both within the team, and with stakeholders.
- Create and maintain the Product backlog.
- Attend sprint planning meetings.
- Present on product and component progress to stakeholders and leadership.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
- Particular focus on charting, data visualization, analytics, UI frameworks, financial data, and working with internal stakeholders preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in Scrum and Agile
- Minimum 2 years Product Owner / Product Management experience working with a team to deliver software in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of relevant agile metrics and charts (e.g. burndown, velocity, burnup, CFD) and ability to interpret them in conjunction with release planning
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD methodologies, as well as more structured release methodologies, and the ability to know when to use which
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret internal business and technical needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to customers, managers and colleagues
- Experience with lean product design a plus
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.