Payment Operations Product Management
- Stamford, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
Job Reference # 176121BR
Are you an innovative person? Do you know how to solve problems and increase efficiency to constantly drive performance? UBS is looking for a Director to join the Cash, Credit & Trade Finance Operations Team.
– Primary functions for the department include:
• Provide product management, operational and regulatory oversight as well as co-supervision and strategic direction to the Payment Operations team.
• Act as a business relationship manager for US based payment products with key internal stakeholders and business partners including Wealth Management Advisory and Solutions, Private Wealth Management, Trading, Banking Products, Operations, Compliance, Legal, and IT.
• Establish a proactive service measurement program in partnership with WMA branch management and the Client Service management team to ensure a best-in-class customer experience.
• Oversee the Group Operations Risk Control Framework for Payment Operations including a comprehensive review key process controls, key risk indicator reports, escalation protocols, and tracking of operational risk events in order to implement programs to mitigate operational risk and improve client service.
• Leverage Process Excellence programs to streamline and create efficiencies in the Payment Operations processes including ongoing reviews of key process indicator reports, balanced scorecard information, and Payment Operations Stakeholder dashboards.
• Work closely with our team of Payment Operations professionals to monitor the daily processing of multi-currency payment transactions across multiple product types (FedWire, CHIPS, SWIFT, ACH, Checks, and Foreign Exchange Payments/Conversions) in order to develop business cases for new products or product enhancements.
• Partner with Global senior service management in order to promote and facilitate intra/inter divisional partnership efforts to grow the Banking Services Operations function within UBS Americas
• Leverage solutions from external vendors and banking relationships in order to stay ahead of competitive trends and create business efficiencies.
You'll be working in the Personal and Corporate Operations team in Weehawken which is part of Group Operations. The role involves co-managing the Payment Operations Team.
This role also gives you the opportunity to build relationships with senior UBS people across operations and business. To be successful in this role you will need to be able to manage competing priorities, be able to quickly assess issues and solutions, be attentive to client needs and ensure you have a strong team and develop the talent.
– 8+ years of related experience including knowledge of Payment Industry initiatives/concepts (Check 21, Uniform Commercial Code 4A, AML Program management, SWIFT ISO Standards, FAST payments, Reg CC, etc.)
– Prior Payment Operations managerial experience including offshoring initiatives
– Excellent managerial and team building skills
– An understanding of what it takes to run successful projects in financial services
– Experience in an Operations environment and understand the complexities of cross functional processes
– Broad Operations and system knowledge
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Comprehensive knowledge of Payments & Cash Management Services
– Excellent analytical, decision making, and organizational skills
– Entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
– A self-starter who can work well with minimal supervision (you can micromanage yourself)
– A skilled written and verbal communicator who is articulate, persuasive and organized in their presentation skills
– A dedicated team player with a can-do attitude
– Bachelor degree required
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.