Agile Coach I (US)
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 21 Feb 19
Agile Coach I (US)
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com .
Your reputation as an Agile expert precedes you, and you will leverage your insights and knowledge of industry best practices to guide and coach teams as part of TD's effort to implement Agile methodology enterprise wide. Your hands-on coaching will help teams and business leaders get a deeper understanding of core Agile principles and practices around product management, conflict resolution and forecasting. Your coaching style provides the tools your peers need to tackle complex problems and operate in a variety of delivery environments. You own your space, and you help other teams own theirs, fostering a collaborative, inclusive environment that makes TD the better bank.
We are looking for an Agile expert - someone who understands how to effectively coach and train a variety of teams / stakeholders, growing and building Agile capability across the organization. You have the ability to coach key stakeholders and team members in building highly effective feature based teams that support multiple disciplines.
Here are the essential job functions of this position:
• Provide guidance to multiple Scrum Masters and teams on how to transition to and operate in scaled (or non-scaled) delivery environments and how to resolve complex problems, growing capability across the organization.
• Includes direct support of work mobilization activities (e.g., road map development, functional decomposition).
• Provide coaching plans and strategies to teams and individuals.
• Helps teams anticipate internal and external delivery challenges and find solutions through process, product or service improvements.
• Leverage significant in-depth expertise in Agile to help Scrum Masters resolve complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify unique and innovative solutions, interpret internal and external obstacles and recommend best practices.
• Drives continuous improvement of Agile practices and processes with an influence on industry best practices
• Ability to establish goals and objectives and contribute to the team's overall direction;
• Advanced skill in mentoring, coaching, listening, providing feedback and performance management
• Skill in using computer applications including Jira and Confluence.
• Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in their approach to stakeholder engagement and works to support the Agile transformation agenda.
• Supports business and technology ownership to ensure their ability / agile competencies to complete key activities required for agile delivery, including roadmap and story map development and how those activities translate to traditional approaches such as functional decomposition and architectural alignment
• Undergraduate or post graduate degree
• Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Scrum Master in scaled Agile framework (e.g., SAFE) and 7+ years of Scrum Master experience
• Typically requires 10 years of Agile experience
• 5+ years' experience as an Agile coach involved in large-scale Agile transformations
• Expert knowledge of Agile principles and practices, with extensive experience working in an Agile organization
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.