Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role Position entails the monitoring, troubleshooting, upgrading, level 2/3 problem resolution of large WAN/LAN environment including Cisco routers, Cisco switches, firewalls, VPN, Wifi, and VOIP in a challenging operational environment. No administration of Windows/Linux systems is involved - this role is for networking only and requires in depth knowledge of Cisco networking.
Netops coordinates with network and systems teams to implement network changes including building configurations for connectivity through WAN, LAN, and firewalls. NetOps maintains network environments in 3 geographically distinct data centers including monitoring/reporting, code upgrades, limited physical replacement, and adherence to configuration standards. Position requires good verbal and written communication to management, engineers and teammates. Capability to create concise documentation of issues, compile statistics and build reports on network performance is required.
This is a second shift position (2pm-10pm, M-F) in the Network Operations Center in Alpharetta Georgia. Flexibility required during training period.
Qualifications Basic Requirements:
- Candidate must possess 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- A firm understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 troubleshooting and integration.
- Exposure to maintaining, upgrading and configuring L2/L3 Cisco switches, routers and firewalls required.
- WAN experience with point to point, Ethernet and MPLS (with OSPF routing) preferred.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working in an enterprise operational LAN/WAN environment
- VOIP, VPLS and encryption experience as well as experience with network management/monitoring applications and sniffer applications in an operational environment preferred.
- This position requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent networking knowledge level
- Exposure to Cisco and Palo Alto firewall troubleshooting is preferred but not required.
- Candidate must demonstrate initiative, self motivation and possess a strong sense of urgency to be considered.
- CCNA preferred.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.