Cognitive Developer- Associate
- Base salary + discretionary bonus
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 19
A talented cognitive developer/engineer that can convert business requirements into seamless business processes and conversations in our Conversational AI: Amelia. The Cognitive Developer is a supporting member of the agile teams implementing cognitive solutions, reporting to the Cognitive solutions architect.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The cognitive revolution has arrived. Automation and cognitive technologies are shaping the future of IT and business operations. Are you interested in helping drive the implementation of the industry-leading Cognitive AI platform at BlackRock? We are looking for a talented cognitive developer/engineer that can convert business requirements into seamless business processes and conversations in our Conversational AI: Amelia. The Cognitive Developer is a supporting member of the agile teams implementing cognitive solutions, reporting to the Cognitive solutions architect.
With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial wellbeing. Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a team responsible for next generation automation technology solutions.
- A newly formed, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team. We are bringing creative and innovative process automation solutions to the firm.
- Growing rapidly. Our objective is to provide automation at scale and have a “roll up our sleeves” attitude. We often wear many hats to achieve our delivery goals.
- In "start-up mode." We are expanding BlackRock’s automation community, building consistent standards and an operations framework, while creating opportunities every day for each of us to learn and grow.
- Able to implement Amelia business processes at high speed, with high quality
- Familiar with building integrations to and from Amelia, or similar technology
- Can solve complex technical problems via the application of solution/design thinking
- Able to validate output and approach, test until modules reach required functional behavior
- Knowledgeable in AI/machine learning/NLP/cognitive computing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- across both business and technology topics
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills, including ability to juggle competing priorities
- Curious and eager to learn new concepts quickly
- BA/BS in Computer Science (in lieu of degree, 2+ years of relevant work experience)
- Some experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Linguistics, Semantic Design
- Skill in Java Spring, Guava, Mulesoft (or other integration tools)
- Experience with development tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Ant, Eclipse Agile development skills
- Ability and interest to learn other coding languages as needed
Want to learn more?
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client’s objectives. BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology and is looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join our teams.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.