Digital Quality Lead
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Ryan Specialty Group
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
The Digital Quality Leader will support strategic business initiatives to deliver and maintain a digital insurance engagement and underwriting platform for use by Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) and its insurance distribution partners. The Digital Quality Leader will be responsible for planning and execution of release-level functional, regression, and integration testing, with a mix of automated and manual testing. The Digital Quality Leader will also facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by providing test scenarios/test data, as well as coordinating efforts during UAT phases across the organization.
Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) is an international specialty insurance organization that provides innovative solutions for brokers, agents and insurance carriers. The RSG family includes a wholesale brokerage operation, RT Specialty (RT), and a collection of managing general underwriting companies within RSG Underwriting Managers (RSGUM). RSG was founded by Mr. Patrick G. Ryan, the retired Chairman and CEO of Aon Corporation. A highly regarded insurance veteran, Mr. Ryan saw the need for a specialty organization devoted exclusively to creating sophisticated insurance and risk management solutions for a select group of hard-to-place risks. With its mission of delivering measurable value, RSG is committed to providing specialty insurance services, proven leadership, outstanding industry experience and quality services in all of our exchanges with retail agents and brokers, and insurance carriers worldwide.
The Connector, a division of Ryan Specialty Group is looking for a Digital Quality Lead to join our Chicago team. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their career.
The Digital Quality Leader will support strategic business initiatives to deliver and maintain a digital insurance engagement and underwriting platform for use by Ryan Specialty Group (RSG) and its insurance distribution partners. The Digital Quality Leader will be responsible for planning and execution of release-level functional, regression, and integration testing, with a mix of automated and manual testing. The Digital Quality Leader will also facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by providing test scenarios/test data, as well as coordinating efforts during UAT phases across the organization. The Digital Quality Leader will be responsible for developing the overall test strategy, creation of release test plans, and coordination of test case definition. The Digital Quality Leader is heavily engaged in the systems development lifecycle and carries two important roles: 1) act as a resource/advisor to Agile Sprint QA team members; and 2) drive and own the broader release (multiple sprints) quality assurance process.
- Develops release test strategy document and provides relevant updates throughout project lifecycle.
- Develops risk mitigation & contingency plans as they relate to the test strategy.
- Owns release-level test case development and execution, data sourcing/data provisioning, defect analysis. Ensuring that test results are documented and processes are followed.
- Partners with business analysts, developers and business constituents to ensure that test cases are developed or modified to cover new functionality, enhancements, and major sustaining development initiatives.
- Leads release QA test planning meetings and holds team accountable for following the test strategy.
- Works with project teams to determine preliminary QA project plan and helps in estimation and planning efforts.
- Provides key updates on test execution and progress as well as validation on test execution quality; effectively escalates risks and areas requiring management intervention.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews all QA deliverables.
- Performs initial analysis of defects identified during the regression and UAT testing cycle and escalates issues as required to the functional support teams for resolution, ensuring that the defects are closed within the required timeframes.
- Analyzes defects identified in production system to ensure that the proper controls are implemented in the regression test bed to ensure that the defect does not repeat in production.
- Leverages automation of regression test scripts to reduce the amount of time and resources required to execute the regression test bed.
- Assists in the creation, communication and execution of project timelines and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software quality assurance.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-moving company environment.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines with a strong sense of urgency.
- Some basic understanding of the fundamentals of programing.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work together with developers, DevOps specialists, business analysts, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Experience in quality assurance, adhoc testing, integration testing, and regression testing.
- Experience in test planning and using QA tracking tools.
- Experience in developing Automation tests and frameworks using Selenium or similar tools.
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies and tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, and TFS.
- Experience setting up test environments and test data.
- Performance testing – JMeter or similar.
- Experience in creating requirement-based test cases is desirable.
- API automation testing knowledge is desirable.
- Experience with TDD/BDD tools (such as Cucumber or SpecFlow) is desirable.
- Experience with Agile development techniques and supporting tools desirable.
- Prior experience in the property and casualty insurance industry is desirable.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer