The Senior Analyst on the Corporate Development team will assess opportunities aimed at driving improvements in our business through the growth of existing business lines, the expansion into new markets, and/or the achievement of additional operational efficiencies. This role is responsible for supporting the analysis of merger & acquisition opportunities, potential strategic partnerships, and other commercial opportunities. The Senior Analyst will be tasked with determining what information is needed to address a specific matter, where to retrieve this information and how to accurately and thoughtfully present this information so that management can make an informed decision. Because the assessment of opportunities often requires an enterprise view, the position will require the individual to communicate and work with divisions across the organization including Legal, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Strategy, etc. The position will also interact with external advisors as needed.
- Support the identification, evaluation and execution of new business development opportunities through value creation analysis, review of the broader industry landscape, and due diligence processes
- Collaborate with senior members of Corporate Development and other departments to help develop business cases required in support of new business opportunities and investment recommendations
- Assist in the development of comprehensive financial analysis to review potential business opportunities including organic growth opportunities, mergers, acquisition, joint ventures, commercial partnerships, etc.
- Apply understanding of key products and business functions to create and maintain various routine business reports, presentations, and financial analysis
- Collect data and provide analytical reports to improve our business portfolio. Data gathering will require review and comprehension of company or industry research reports, regulatory filings, and financial statements
- Bachelor's degree with relevant coursework in finance and accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years or work experience in financial services and/or corporate development
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Financial modeling experience strongly preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to work/collaborate effectively within a team
- Occasional travel may be required
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.