Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. is looking for an Entry Level Software Engineer where you will be part of a team of experienced IT professionals tasked with creating applications and products to support Schwab’s trading platforms. You will be working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
What youre good at
- Design, develop, implement, support and maintain applications based on business requirements, using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Develop effective solutions that are in line with the organization's vision. Continuously improve software engineering practices, processes and services.
- Participate in strategic planning discussions with technical, business and client stakeholders. Actively participate in product design and development sessions.
- Partner with product owners and the scrum team to understand the desired solution requirements and capabilities.
- Develop efficient and easy-to-follow technical diagrams/documents, high quality code, and automated test scripts.
- Stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies and participate in internal technology communities.
- Act as liaison between technical and non-technical counterparts.
- Collaborate with team members on projects.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Educational experience in .Net or Java and SQL programming.
- Understanding of object-oriented and relational database design.
- Understanding of software theory and algorithms, computational theory and practice, software engineering lifecycle/design, database design and data storage, network security and architecture, operating systems and ethical programming.
- Working knowledge of higher-level framework facilities like Asynchronous Programming, LINQ, Threads, Parallel Processing & Concurrency and Security.
- Understanding and knowledge of development in REST style web services across multiple Web API platforms, with or without MVC design.
- Writing SQL Queries, T-SQL stored procedures and views.
- Knowledge of messaging technologies like IBM MQ, Solace MQ, MSMQ and Rabbit MQ is a plus.
- Ambition to learn and utilize emerging technologies while working in a stimulating environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.