Sr Software Engineer - Core Java and Multithreading experience
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Senior Software Engineer engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with minimal mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Demonstrates skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance. Designs with guidance and codes independently.
- Exhibits skilled knowledge of database SQL; Performs Elementary database modeling and intermediate database tuning.
- Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
- Identifies potential opportunities for code optimization. Provides input for code reviews and helps with environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and helps to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
- Uses design tools to frequently share and communicate design ideas on larger systems.
- Uses patterns frequently, contributing to best practice and process enhancements.
- 8+ years of experience in a Software Development
- Deep understanding of Core Java and Multithreading
- Strong Objected Oriented Design and Programming experience
- Agile and test-driven development experience
- Demonstrable background in writing unit/ integration tests, test automation, usage of code quality tools such as Sonar, Jacoco.
- Proficient with Spring (Spring Core, Spring JDBC)
- Proficient with REST web service
- Proficient in Oracle database SQL and Stored procedures
- Proficient with Linux, Maven, Git, Jira.
- Familiarity using UC4, Postman, Jenkins, Kafka.
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Bamboo
- Experience with transaction management, open source frameworks/tools
- Strong ability to learn existing applications quickly and to be able to make modifications to them
- Strong problem-solving and communication skill
- Financial risk management system experience will be a plus
- Masters or bachelor's degree in computer science or Engineering