Telecom Analyst II - SOG
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
To provide operator-based customer service to CME customers, members & staff between 6:30 am and 5:00 pm. This job exists to answer internal and external calls (using BOC), page appropriate transient individuals, assist uncertain parties in obtaining information about CME. This job also performs database entry functions on the SailPoint system (a software application used for producing data feeds to corporate telephone directories), Tangoe (a cloud-based billing and inventory management system). Maintain the weekly operator statistics for upper management. Assist in projects/audits as requested by manager.
- Help outside callers reach members during trading day. Assist outside callers reach an alternative person or department when caller's first choice is not available.
- Assist staff and trading floor community in contacting trading floor employees via overhead paging.
- Help callers who are unclear where to obtain information or a service to get an appropriate "Preferred choice" destination.
- Database Administration - Manually update SailPoint and Tangoe databases with CME employee updates.
- Maintain weekly operator statistics within Excel and distribute on a monthly basis.
- Assist in projects/audits as requested by manager.
- Must be very reliable to be responsible for opening of the switchboard every morning.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Should be flexible to provide switchboard coverage when needed.
-Experience with BOC, SailPoint or Tangoe a plus.