Alpha Commercialization: Strategy and Execution, Vice President
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of Financial Services to institutional investors including investment technology, investment servicing, investment management and trading. With $34.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $3.1 trillion in assets under management as of December 31st, 2019, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets. Job Description:
State Street is on the forefront of innovation for the investment management industry and is on a multi-year journey to deliver on the industry's first and only front-to-back platform: State Street Alpha. Similar to platforms prevalent in other industries, State Street will offer in-house as well as third party capabilities to clients on the platform. State Street Alpha has a unique value proposition that is challenging for competitors to replicate, and has received a tremendous response from flagship clients as well as players across the Financial Services and FinTech ecosystem to participate in and deliver capabilities through our platform. The Alpha Commercialization team is responsible for building out this line of business for State Street Alpha.
As a Vice President on the team, you will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer of State Street's Alpha platform. You will be a senior leader that collaborates with product teams across the firm to curate, commercialize and manage the ecosystem, and help drive and capture network effects for the platform. This is an operating role that requires strategic thinking alongside an execution mindset.
In this role, you will be expected to lead conversations with C-suite executives across the Financial Services / FinTech ecosystem, lead end-to-end management of priority verticals and deals, and get direct exposure to State Street's executive leadership and Management Committee.
This is an ideal opportunity for Associate Partners or Engagement Managers at top-tier consulting firms or senior Product Management leaders. Responsibilities may include strategy development, market segmentation, product / customer positioning, evaluating FinTech / FinSvcs firms for partnerships / acquisitions, driving cross-functional organizational alignment, leading and managing the relationship with ecosystem partners and supporting the delivery of the ecosystem P&L for the firm. Key Responsibilities:
As part of our team you will curate, commercialize and manage the Alpha Ecosystem.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Understand strategic issues faced by the firm
- Lead market and client segmentation, value chain development and product positioning
- Develop and lead effort to operationalize the ecosystem and capture platform network effects
- Evaluate leading providers across the Financial Services and FinTech industries for participation on the platform, spanning mature established firms and promising start-ups; including hosting and driving C-suite discussions
- Own and drive ongoing relationship management with key ecosystem partners
- Propose and design ongoing methods for monitoring the execution of the business goals
- Identify business investment needs for purposes of financial planning and subsequent tracking
- Assess strategic issues; from framing and structuring key questions to crafting and executing on analyses; Distill complex information down into clear, actionable insights; Communicate results and findings to senior management
- Mentor less-experienced team members to develop a collaborative and challenging team environment focused on development and growth
About State Street What we do.
- 6+ years of work experience; Top-tier strategy consulting experience preferred, particularly with exposure to Financial Services / FinTech; MBA preferred
- Strong executive presence, ability to host C-suite discussions internally and externally, drive organizational alignment; sales or operational experience a plus
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Strong work-ethic with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with ability to structure and solve complex business problems
- Strong communication skills with ability to use experience and analysis to gain support
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills; Financial analysis skills consistent with MBA training; Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work as a team leader, team member and individually, and to coach to less-experienced team members
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, including quick turn-around high priority items
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers