Avp Finanical Reporting
AVP Finanical Reporting Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/AVP-Finanical-Reporting_R-627984/apply Job Description
Join the Financial Reporting team and direct the reporting cycles and filings of various clients. You will ensure that client financial statements are in accordance with the rules and regulations that drive financial statement disclosures and other regulatory filings. You will manage the preparation and review of client semi-annual and annual financial statements, regulatory filings and other periodic reporting by our staff and our off-shore teams. You will engage with clients, auditors and other State Street teams to resolve issues and answer inquiries to ready client financial statements and filings for finalization.
- You will manage the financial reporting production process, calendar and relationship for various clients and ensure that all production schedules (including those with the off-shore teams) are completed in a timely manner so that all team members are informed of their responsibilities during the process.
- You will perform 1st, 2nd, risk-based and targeted reviews on client financial statements, NQ, Form N-MFP, N-SAR, N-MFP, etc., ensure all regulatory filings are made on time and direct draft and support distribution to all parties.
- You will be responsible for client communication and implementation of new regulatory requirements/disclosures that impact the financial statements
- You will manage the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives (ESP, Re-Engineering) and technology enhancements (system conversion).
- You will manage relationships with clients, making sure that requests are being met and that clients are satisfied with the level of service.
- You will be responsible for the direction and training of subordinate team leaders and staff.
- You will provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, allocate and coordinate resources and handle personnel related issues.
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or related field. CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Six or more years of experience in mutual funds fund administration function (financial reporting preferred) or accounting, audit or related business activity.
- Experience managing a team.
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader on their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers in the department.
- Knowledge of Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other fund structures.
- Ability to effectively handle and resolve numerous ongoing communications and reporting deliverables in fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive change and process improvements, while managing day-to-day activities in a reporting cycle.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients regarding their financial statements, regulatory disclosures and process improvements (standardization of disclosures and automation).
- Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, planning out work and resource allocation. Provide feedback and development.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR-627984
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .