Dealer Payment Associate
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS Investment Management's Corporate Finance function is seeking to hire a Dealer Payment Associate. Under the direction of the Dealer Payment Supervisor, you will perform dealer payment reconciliations and related activities for MFS's Strategic Alliance partners. Working with other members of the Distribution Group within Finance, you will help ensure team meets or exceeds client and department service expectations. Principal Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of assigned relationship contract information (i.e., terms, funds, rates).
- Calculate and reconcile domestic and offshore strategic alliance dealer payments.
- Assist with the Duplicate Fund/Account Analysis process to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Discuss and review any issues with Supervisor as needed.
- Assemble and track strategic alliance dealer payment packages.
- Create monthly/quarterly dealer payment journal entries for posting in the General Ledger (GL).
- Aggregate and track domestic and offshore dealer average net assets.
- Research and reconcile internal dealer payment data with external source data.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a minimum of one year of experience in one of the following areas: distribution, accounting, or administrative area of an investment advisor, auditing firm or custodian bank.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with organizational and quality control skills.
- Ability to identify issues, addresses them appropriately to Supervisor, and assist in developing solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite - strong Excel and PeopleSoft skills are a plus.
- Ability to work independently and to work overtime as needed.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."