Lead Systems Analyst, Portfolio Services Technology
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As a leader in the Portfolio Services Technology team, the Lead Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the stability reliability, and data quality of Wellington's proprietary Investment Book of Work (IBOR) platform.
The IBOR is a critical firmwide platform providing real-time portfolio information that is essential for portfolio construction, analysis and guideline monitoring across all investment products and asset classes.
In this role, the Lead Analyst will manage a team of seven systems analysts and software engineers and should have the ability to motivate and mentor both direct team members as well as members of the extended IBOR team.
Approximately 70% of the role is hands-on, including complex data analysis, issue resolution, and requirements documentation.
As this is a highly visible role requiring frequent interaction with both business users and IT stakeholders across multiple teams, excellent communication, collaboration and delivery skills are essential. The Lead Analyst must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple priorities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT professional to lead a strong, collaborative team in a critical role.
Success will open up opportunities to take on a broader role within the Portfolio Services Technology team.
Keys To This Position
- Act as hands-on lead to support and maintain the Investment Book of Record (IBOR) platform
- Provide thought leadership, coach and mentor team on complex business problems and decisions
- Act as a liaison to IBOR stakeholders in both the business and IT
- Devise pragmatic and creative solutions to complex business problems
- Establish and maintain data quality and stability of the product
- Excellent communication skills to interface with business stakeholders
- Own the stability, reliability, and data quality of the IBOR platform
- Lead a team of seven systems analysts and software engineers
- Address support issues, data quality exceptions, and ad hoc queries requiring detailed data analysis
- Provide timely resolution of issues and proactive communication to business and IT stakeholders
- Build a strong partnership with the delivery team (including development and analysis) and the Portfolio Services business team to maintain and improve the stability and data quality
- Ensure a high quality product by enforcing high standards in testing and developing automated data quality controls
- Provide regular status reporting and issue tracking for IT management and business stakeholders
- 7+ years data analysis or systems analysis experience in investment management or financial services environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Experience leading a team of systems analysts and software engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to collaborate across multiple teams to build consensus
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions
- Change agent, creative, innovative and focused on continuous improvements
- Familiarity with financial instruments including equity, fixed income, and derivatives
- Ability to learn advanced investment data concepts quickly
- Excellent data skills with hands-on knowledge of SQL
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, business-critical environment
Lead Systems Analyst, Portfolio Services Technology JOB FAMILY
Systems Analysis LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .