Business Analyst - Information Delivery
Who we are looking for
The Information Delivery Business Analyst (BA) is a hands-on business focused role and is an integral part of the Alpha data platform. The candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate both with business and technical leadership and teams on a daily basis. Information delivery is a core component providing Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics, Governance, portal access and distribution of content for the platform. The scope of work includes understanding the information delivery vision and roadmap items, and decomposing them into detailed consumable business requirements, while continually working with both business and technology teams to ensure the alignment, quality and final delivery features and functionality. The position is located in Burlington, Massachusetts, USA. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Investment Management Systems (CRIMS), a market leader in providing a comprehensive end to end investment management platform covering front, middle and back office. Information delivery ensures that our customers get the right data, at the right time, at the required quality level and in the right format to make business decisions. The BA plays an important role in between business and technology to ensure that these goals are met. Join us if driving business decisions through better use of information something you strive for. What you will be responsible for
As Information Delivery Business Analyst you will
What we value
- Provide analysis for the buildout and further enhancement of the Alpha data platform portal
- Build out a competency for self-service, empowering our customers with their own BI and Analytics
- Educate internal teams on information delivery capabilities and roadmap items
- Collaborate with the product managers on information delivery needs as part of their initiatives
- Provide second level customer support where necessary regarding information delivery issues
- Decompose high level functionality into detailed specifications that can be communicated and is consumable by the technology groups.
- Oversight for deployment lifecycle for new or enhanced information delivery functionality within the platform
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Solid understanding of the major business areas of investment management and the data domains that support them
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly with many different teams including business, technology, UI/UX, QA and support teams and leaders
- Experience with BI tools, report design and configuration
- Knowledge with portal design and its business use cases
- Understanding of data governance, data catalogs and metadata management
- Reasonable level of technology, programming and database SQL knowledge is desirable
- Independent thinker, with the ability to propose, substantiate and promote ideas and views on feature/functionality
- Work within an Agile environment as well as demonstrate the flexibility and adaptability to operate successfully in such an environment
- Experience in Financial Services is highly preferred
- Experience working with remote teams
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers