Perform actuarial tasks with manager assistance or supervision. Provide technical analysis and support by modifying, maintaining, operating and documenting various actuarial models. Prepare related reports, summarizing and communicating results. Responsibilities
- Provide technical analysis and support of a well-defined nature by modifying, maintaining, operating and documenting various actuarial models based in spreadsheets or other analytical software. Perform studies to evaluate specific actuarial assumptions using data analysis and predictive analytics under the direction of qualified Actuary.
- Prepare job related reports, summarize and communicate results to direct leaders. Develop a foundational understanding of actuarial language, processes, and practices.
- Participate in actuarial projects within a well-defined scope and responsibility. Perform analysis on specific actuarial topics, describing actuarial concepts to other business areas, and/or testing results of project implementations. Communicate status and impediments to completing tasks.
- Support the operation and validation of business controls. Perform basic logical validation on inputs and outputs, ensuring consistency of processes with original design. Collect evidence to validate effectiveness of processes.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4 years)
- 0-3 years of experience
- 1 actuarial exam complete
About Our Company
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or related discipline
- Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) coursework completion
- Actuarial internship experience
- Experience with MS Excel, VBA, MS Access, and other database applications
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.