Ameriprise has a great opportunity for an Actuarial Technician to join our growing team! This role will work alongside actuarial and finance staff, supporting analysis and reporting. You will support a variety of functions including the operation and documentation of business controls, model-based processes including the management of inputs, calculations (processing), and outputs. You will also help to find opportunities for improvements and adjustments to existing tools.
This role is not part of the company's actuarial student program. Responsibilities
- Complete technical analysis and studies by operating and documenting models and other technical tools. Review and update formulas and code in spreadsheets and/or other analytical software. Recommend and implement technical process improvements.
- Determine the strategy for preparing actuarial and risk-related reports by summarizing and sharing results with leadership. Develop an understanding of technical and actuarial language, processes, and practices and applying this to future projects and practices.
- Operate and document business controls and models that support Actuaries. Independently perform basic logical validations on inputs and outputs, ensure consistency of processes with original design. Collect evidence to validate effectiveness of models and processes.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4 years).
- 0-1 years of experience.
- Proven analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills and proficiency with statistical analysis and modeling.
- Solid understanding of business operations and processes in more than two areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build and maintain strong relationships across the organization while communicating recommendations and analysis results.
About Our Company
- Degree in Finance/Math, Computer Science, Data Science, or other related field
- Experience with MS Excel, VBA, Python, MS Access, and other database applications.
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.