Manage the monthly business unit close process, ensuring that transactions are recorded in accordance with accounting policies and procedures. Manage teams responsible for accounting development, controls and production support for systematic feeds to the general ledger from insurance and annuity administrative systems. Partner with the business to develop and implement accounting practices consistent with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and Statutory accounting principles. Responsibilities
- Coordinate the execution of the monthly business unit close for our insurance and annuity lines of business. This includes managing the timing of month-end processes across functional areas to support the close calendar.
- Provide oversight of insurance and annuity operational accounting functions, ensuring complete and accurate recording of transactional detail while maintaining direct accountability for the timely execution of existing accounting and process controls. Recommend process improvements to enhance service levels, reduce operational cost and increase productivity. Provide key data from operational accounting that supports an understanding of monthly business results.
- Lead multiple projects to ensure accounting requirements and finance controls are embedded in processes and systems, including the design of accounting processes and system feeds to support the launch of new or modified insurance and annuity contracts. Develop, implement, and support metrics to drive business changes to achieve overall goals.
- Support preparers of internal and external financial statements and interact with internal and external auditors to provide adequate supporting documentation for entries recorded.
- Lead, coach, and develop a global team to ensure resources are deployed to meet organizational needs.
- Accounting/Finance Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years of corporate accounting experience
- 7+ years of people leader experience
- Prior experience overseeing accounting control environment and design and execution of system interfaces
About Our Company
- Demonstrated decision-making skills, ability to prioritize tasks, evaluate problems by individual components, understand impacts to the business, and communicate impacts to varying levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership in an accounting operations environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting principles
- Internal or external audit experience
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.