This is a Dynamic Investment Operations Role that will lead all aspects of security transactions to downstream systems. You will efficiently resolve errors, complete static data mapping for account and counterparty setup & maintenance, respond to queries, and reconcile positions. You will also participate in operational improvements, automation, testing and other project work.
This role offers a fast pace, wide variety of tasks, cross training within an interactive environment, and collaboration with internal and external business partners. We offer many learning resources and support career development. Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of investment securities trades from internal trading systems as well as Swift and MFT files to downstream accounting and reporting systems.
- Securities include fixed, equity, foreign, domestic, derivative and currency.
- Monitor emails for trade queries or change requests and ensure updates are made accurately and timely.
- Set up and maintenance of static data related to trading accounts and brokers.
- Conveying systems issues to various Technology groups.
- Testing and business validation for project work including system installs, upgrades, automation, account onboarding and process improvements.
- Systems used include Aladdin, PAM/PFI, Invest One, Golden Source Security Master, Excel, Outlook, Bloomberg, SharePoint, multiple broker portals, and proprietary databases.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the investment industry with financial/investment/fund accounting, finance, or middle/back-office processing.
- Some prior knowledge of securities/investment trades and/or reconciliation.
- High standards for accuracy and attention to detail, as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish connections and work within a team environment to meet daily SLA's.
About Our Company
- Knowledge of multiple security types, the securities' market, trade settlements, position reconciliation, or an understanding of account /broker setups would be a plus.
- Some knowledge of MS Excel, and MS Access preferred.
- College degree recommended, but not required.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.