Manage staff and accounting functions for insurance and annuities, mutual funds and corporate. Responsibilities
- Support diverse accounting functions across several products and platforms including I&A, Mutual Funds, Corporate.
- Provide people and organizational leadership
- Manage relationships across the organization and provide functional advice, accounting expertise, and training to staff and business partners.
- Approve journal entries, controls and balance sheet reconciliations and workarounds for non-automated processes.
- Prepare and review internal and external reporting schedules.
- Provide oversight to ensure integrity in financial records sent to general ledger from business and finance systems.
- Assess g/l linkages for new development and impacts on accounting processes.
- Develop and lead process improvements to ensure that integrity, control and optimal efficiencies are established while minimizing financial risks.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proficient with excel, word and visio flowcharting.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and influence effectively with internal and external partners including the external auditors. Able to communicate accounting concepts and requirements to business partners and technology and to escalate issues.
- Deep understanding of end-to-end process flows, systems, controls and impacts across products and business lines.
About Our Company
- Leadership experience
- Degree Focus in Accounting or Finance
- Series 99 or Series 7
- Experience using Workday general ledger systems.
- Knowledge of accounting for financial products and services
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.