Support Ameriprise Bank with analysis focused on the lending products and investment portfolio. Work directly with the business lines and various finance partners to drive profitability and assess balance sheet risk. Conduct business performance analysis and analyze data to support forecasting and assess business implications. Design reporting and assessment tools to aid in furthering business intelligence for finance and business management. Create complex financial models for use in business decision support. Responsibilities
- Develop reports and variance analysis, develop "the story" around monthly results and write resulting commentary. Identify issues that are worthy of further root cause analysis and determine process/data sources to deal with them. Perform more complex data analysis for root-cause analysis. Review results with VP level business partners and partner to determine critical issues.
- Support business results and relationships by developing deep analysis to determine future implications of business decisions. Perform end-to-end business case analysis looking at quantitative and qualitative aspects of a decision. Provide initial recommendation based on these analyses.
- Run forecasting/planning models and perform complex variance analysis. Develop assumptions by working with business leaders. Present implication to business management.
- May directly lead lower level financial analysts on a project basis. May directly manage trainees or interns from time-to-time. Provide coaching and sharing of expertise to lower level financial analysts.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years) in a Financial/Quantitative field
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Ability to complete advanced financial modeling tasks and financial analysis using spreadsheets and/or other tools.
- Interpersonal and business skills to support recommendations.
About Our Company
- May have MBA or other advanced degree/certification.
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.