Individual contributor that performs the more complicated accounting processes including multi-currency dividends, i/c loans, investment in subs, ACIC and insurance allocations, and other corporate accounting processes. In addition this individual will provide technical accounting advice within the organization. Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that the various Ledgers and Records are properly accounted for and controlled. Identify and create journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations related corporate accounting processes.
- Provide direction and lead less-experienced accountants. Back up all critical tasks performed by the accounting managers including journal entries, wires, and balance sheet approvals.
- Provides functional advice and consultation to business partners and assesses general ledger linkages and impacts of system or product changes to business-as-usual processes.
- Recommend, develop, implement, and train staff on changes that improve standardization, increase efficiency and enhance controls.
- Provides technical accounting advice for the organization and act as subject matter expert to company and regulated accounting policies. May be the organizational expert on certain accounting functions.
- Manage cross-organization initiatives and leads cross functional teams.
- Accounting, finance or related degree and 5+ years accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proficient with excel, word, etc.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and influence effectively with internal and external partners including the external auditors.
- Able to communicate accounting concepts and requirements to business partners and technology and to escalate issues.
- Deep understanding of end-to-end process flows, systems, controls and impacts across products and business lines.
About Our Company
- Experience using Workday general ledger
- Knowledge of accounting for financial products and services
- Project leadership
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.