Product Manager, UHNW & Trust Solutions
What is the opportunity?
As a Product Manager, you will assist the Senior Product Manager in driving growth in trust and ultra-high-net worth client business by developing and managing the center of excellence that will support Financial Advisors and their UHNW clients, including identifying and managing key internal and external relationships and related deliverables. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Develop and execute strategies to enhance and/or develop UHNW solutions, with an emphasis on professional trustee services, to meet client and advisor needs.
- Identify opportunities for product development, determine solutions to product challenges and manage the implementation of these opportunities and enhancements.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape and industry trends to ensure that products and services are in line with market and client needs.
- Manage feedback given by the Private Client Group on recommended changes to products and/or services
- Product management responsibilities include sales strategy, policy and procedure development, and project work in support of UHNW solutions, with emphasis on professional trustee services.
- Support the expansion of capabilities for UHNW clients and launch of UHNW center of excellence.
- Manage the implementation of new products and services including systems, marketing, legal, compliance and communication strategies.
- Act as a liaison to various support teams to understand key opportunities and challenges within the supported products and services, and develop creative solutions.
- BA / BS in a related field (business, finance or marketing) or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years securities and financial markets experience with strong product orientation.
- Strong understanding of trust services and Financial Advisor needs.
- Proficient with MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Access, etc. (Ability to adapt to changing technology).
- Superior problem solving / analytical skills.
What's in it for you?
- Securities license of 7, 63, 65 or 66 (or willingness to get licensed).
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients' first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada's biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com .
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.