Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 18 Mar 19
About AmeripriseWith the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with t
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
Responsible for completing financial reports for Ameriprise Certificate Company, Ameriprise Trust Company, and Ameriprise Financial and its affiliates in a timely, accurate, and quality manner.
* Prepare internal and external financial reports for Ameriprise Certificate Company, Ameriprise Trust Company, and Ameriprise Financial and its affiliates. The reports for Ameriprise Certificate Company primarily include Forms 10-Q/K, financial statements, capital requirements, and variance analysis. The reports for Ameriprise Trust Company primarily include Call Reports, financial statements, variance analysis, capital requirements, and board reporting. The reports for Ameriprise Financial and its affiliates primarily include government surveys and Form 17-H.
* Prepare workpaper documentation and ensure disclosures are in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("U.S. GAAP"), Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Department of Commerce, statutory, or other applicable requirements.
* Maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting.
* Provide supporting workpapers and other request items to external and internal auditors and regulators to complete audits in a timely manner.
* Monitor changes in accounting guidance and new transactions/events and work with leader and business partners to update disclosures in a timely manner. Prepare impact analysis and assist in drafting accounting memos for regulatory, management and/or board reporting.
* Assist with ad-hoc projects, such as creating and maintaining PeopleSoft nVision reports, financial statement variance analysis, and review of peer company disclosures.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting.
* 3-5 years of applicable experience.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel).
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
* CPA license.
* Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger (e.g., account queries and nVision reports).
* Experience with Wdesk (e.g., prepare and file SEC reports).
* Strong U.S. GAAP knowledge.
* Big 4 audit or similar experience.