User Experience Researcher
Ensure a consistent and effective user experience (UX) within projects. Ensure that applications are powerful, engaging and rewarding by taking a user centered design approach. Work with cross-functional business and technology teams and key stakeholders to transform business and user requirements in to highly effective and usable software solutions. Identify UX research opportunities; assist in designing and executing UX research for technology applications, web sites and other digital experiences across various platforms including desktop, mobile and tablet at Ameriprise. Responsibilities
Inform the design of user interfaces throughout the project, including the development of research and test plans, facilitation guides, wireframes, mock-ups and other project deliverables to illustrate the intended user experience.
Participate in the strategy phase of projects, providing input for concepts, research plans, and approach for the user experience.
Present ideas, including rationale based on customer research and best practices, to the product development team and other key stakeholders.
Translate business and user requirements into defined UX/UI recommendations, including stories and acceptance criteria for Agile projects.
Conduct UX research, including but not limited to, heuristic reviews, surveys, click studies, card sorting and usability testing. Author and present resulting research reports.
Participate in peer design reviews/critique, giving and receiving constructive feedback. Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient knowledge of user-centered design process, web best-practices and relevant disciplines, including information architecture, interaction and visual design.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to clearly articulate creative concepts and rationale.
- Working knowledge of design fundamentals such as color theory, composition, branding, typography and web design standards.
- Ability to interpret product requirements documents from a user-centered perspective.
- Working knowledge of usability testing and other research methods.
- 3+ years of broad experience with highly complex web sites and software applications from a user-centered standpoint.
- Experience designing for complex application ecosystems.
- Fundamental understanding of project management and business process management concepts.
- Proficient prototyping and mockup skills to convey ideas and concepts.
- Experience working with industry standard tools and software
- Experience designing transactional or complex interactions with consumer and/or B2B platforms.
- Ability to work in both waterfall and agile project processes.