Lead Data Scientist
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Lead Data Scientist
Lead, Data Scientist, Markets & Transformation
Mastercard is a leading global payments & technology company that connects consumers, businesses, merchants, issuers & governments around the world.
The role of Lead, Data Scientist sits in Markets & Transformation (M & T) within Operations & Technology. The mission of M & T's data science practice is to build Mastercard's foundation for applying AI to our data to achieve data actualization: the realization of the full potential of information our data contains to obtain operational excellence.
Our focus is to provide scalable AI enabled solutions for our internal business partners, while evaluating new technologies, building knowledge, and creating awareness that will serve as the foundation of Mastercard's community of data scientists.
We help solve business problems and improve company performance by extracting information from our data with the use of sophisticated mathematical and statistical techniques including AI, machine learning, time-series forecasting, and collaborative filtering.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist who is eager to join a team of leading edge data scientists who are not just building models, but a foundation for the Company. The person in this role will collaborate with other data scientists and various internal business partners to help solve business problems with the use of AI.
In this role you will:
• Be responsible for executing and documenting various data sceince projects across the organization following our engagement model, the Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining.
• Gain a clear understanding of business operations and data needed to solve problem statements for specific projects.
• Pull and prepare data, train and test models, and be responsible for overall execution on projects using Mastercard operational and transaction data to glean insights for our partners.
• Present your approach to the solution and model output to various business partners (evaluation phase).
• Be an integral part of model deployment.
• Need to build and maintain strong relationships with internal Mastercard partners.
• Generate new ideas and support team members on R & D projects.
• Submit and present academic research papers for publication when appropriate.
• Be expected to perform some tech evaluation to enhance the foundation of our data science practice.
All About You:
• Experience as a data scientist, with a passion for solving business challenges through data science.
• Ability to think creatively with data.
• Proficient with data visualization and translating complex problems into actionable insights.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently but with a collaborative nature.
• Experience with Hadoop, R, Python, and SQL.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Preferably a PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field.
• Experience with academic research publication.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.