- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Self Employed, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 25 Mar 19
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
This role will be as a key member of the Annuity Pricing team assisting in the pricing, development, modeling, and analysis of current and future Annuity products. The focus will be on Deferred Annuities with additional exposure to other product types. Additionally, this role will gain exposure to and interact with other areas across the Company including Investments, Inforce Management, and Product Development. This position is part of the Actuarial Development Program and offers the opportunity to rotate to other actuarial functions.
- Will assist in varied aspects of modeling including building, updating, enhancing, running, and validating the models
- Perform periodic rate setting and profitability analysis balancing competitive positioning with profitability targets, including analysis of results, attribution of changes, thorough documentation and effective communication of results to management.
- Monitor product profitability metrics based on actual sales as well as perform sensitivity analysis around assumption updates and market changes
- Support client-facing areas in the Company through analysis of Large Case Requests and other ad hoc requests
- Keep, develop, and update strong documentation on modeling updates, analysis performed, and process changes
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics or statistics, or actuarial science
- Passed Actuarial Exam P
- Actively pursuing Associate designation with the Society of Actuaries
- Ability to work well in a team
- Positive attitude with an eagerness to learn
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical audience
- Highly proficient with Excel, VBA, and other MS Office products
- Strong programming skills with experience with Python, C++, or similar languages preferred
- Exposure to actuarial modeling software such as Aon PathWise, FIS Prophet, or GGY-Axis desirable