Actuarial Technology Delivery Leader
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on. How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Brighthouse Financial Actuarial Solutions Technology Delivery Leader is responsible for the delivery and on-going oversight of technical solutions to achieve strategic business goals. This includes the delivery of multiple complex application development projects ongoing management of the technology application / asset portfolio primarily focused on the actuarial solutions and partnerships. The role drives the actuarial technology ecosystem implementation to realize business strategy, working with business partners to ensure technology solutions are defined, prioritized, designed, delivered and maintained with a simple and low-cost footprint. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Delivers Technology initiatives / capability and ongoing services to support the Actuarial business functions (Valuations, Projections, Pricing, Reinsurance, etc.); ensuring future state platforms are implemented to realize the business and technology architectures in a timely manner to facilitate timely TSA exits
- Emphasizes the benefits and capabilities of Actuarial Technology; managing relationships with business partners to ensure that application delivery expectations are developed, managed and met and ensuring business partner support. Collaborates with peers to establish best practices and service consistency.
- Ensures alignment of strategic and financial plans and priorities between Technology and business partners. Drives recommendations into planning process, ensuring outputs are aligned to the highest strategic priorities. Leads and chairs service level, initiative and financial review meetings with customers and partners
- Responsible for Actuarial solution delivery across scope, timeline and cost. Develops high-level work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans and budget. Monitors results for significant deviations; invokes contingency plans when necessary. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Defines and oversees team's use of performance metrics and client-driven reporting on key initiatives and metrics. Continually works to identify cost saving initiatives to reduce/control expenses.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and shares knowledge of risks, opportunities and services available to build a competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of the business
- Manages, motivates and develops staff; identifying and addressing training and development needs. Improves team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency and boost morale.
Key Relationships :
- Proven track record for leading large-scale technology delivery with extensive business acumen and a broad range of exposure to business units
- Executive level technical and customer service management experience with ability to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of peers and other senior leaders. Superior customer relationship, communications, negotiation and conflict resolutions skills; extensive experience with managing vendors and consultants / contractors desired. Experience implementing BPO and SaaS solutions in Cloud and / or working in Agile methodology preferred.
- Strong leader with demonstrated sound business judgment. Analytic and strategic thinker / problem-solver capable of translating senior-level direction into structured, practical, efficient and effective recommendations / solutions. Able to achieve results in a matrix setting through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership
- Extensive knowledge of software and infrastructure products / services.
- Bachelor's degree and related field experience required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of broad experience in technology or business roles (including application development, architecture, risk management, operations and engineering) with progressive responsibility, preferably within the financial services industry; 5-10+ years of experience managing teams.
Alternate Job Location :
- Reports to: Future State Platform Delivery Leader
- Direct reports/team: 5-15 direct reports (Solution Owners, Business Systems Analysts), oversight of solution providers and business / system integration teams (30-50) and matrix management of pooled resources (Test Engineering / Quality Management associates and contractors)
- Key stakeholders: Chief Actuary, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Head of Product Pricing, supporting and partner organizations.
Morristown, NJ Travel:
Up to 10%